Rebid of Phase II Site Improvements for May Park Soccer Complex
Prebid Date6/7/22 10:00am
Bid Date6/15/22 12:00pm
Company & Contacts
City of Memphis - Division of Park and Neighborhood Services
Keith Schnadelbach (901) 636-4248
Quince Rd. at Old Ridgeway Rd., Memphis, TN
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, until 12:00 p.m., Wednesday June 15, 2022 for furnishing the City of Memphis with the following:
- FOR THE DIVISION OF: Memphis Parks
- FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF: Rebid of Phase II Site Improvements for May Park Soccer Complex
THE CITY OF MEMPHIS ENCOURAGES THE PARTICIPATION OF SMALL AND MINORITY BUSINESS IN THE PURCHASING PROCESS.
All bids must include on the outside of the bid envelope, the name of the project, the bid due date and the bid opening time.
Bid envelopes with bid forms may also be obtained free of charge with registration as a planholder on this plan room. Potential bidders must pick-up an envelope at this location or make arrangements with the vendor for delivery at a delivery fee.
Only registered planholders will receive copies of issued addenda.
A Pre-Bid Conference will be held at 10:00 a.m. Tuesday June 7, 2022 at Memphis Parks Administration Building located at 2599 Avery Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee 38112. All parties interested in bidding on this project are hereby invited and urged to attend this meeting.
Failure to attend the pre-bid meeting will count against said “good faith effort” as required by the M/WBE program.
Description of Base Bid and Alternates. All the following to be performed in accordance with Drawings and Specifications:
- 1. Base Bid Work: All work, not designated as alternate work, to include new fencing, drainage improvements, grass sod installation, and field renovations to Soccer Fields #2 and #3. Field renovations to include grading, drainage installation not designated as alternate work, irrigation system installation, soil amending, turf grass sprigging, and one 7-week “Grow-In” maintenance period for turf establishment to include fertilization, mowing, top dressing, and other specified items per Section 02825 – Athletic Field Turf Grow-In. The Base Bid price shall also include all project allowances.
- 2. Bid Alternate No. 1: Installation of remaining perimeter and collector drain lines for Soccer Field #3, and all related work, as indicated in the Drawings.
- 3. Bid Alternate No. 2: Installation of field drain lines for Soccer Fields #2 and #3 to include flexible perforated drain pipe and fittings, filter sock, sand backfill, and all related work as indicated as Alternate #2 in the Drawings.
- 4. Bid Alternate No. 3: One (1) additional period of “grow-in” maintenance to last 5 weeks for Soccer Fields #2 and #3, to include fertilization, mowing, and sand top dressing and all other work items specified to be accomplished per Section 02825 – Athletic Field Turf Grow-in. The 5-week “grow-in” period will begin with successful completion of the initial 7-week “grow –in” including top dressing operations.
Before submitting a bid, the bidder shall personally visit the site of proposed work and arrive at a clear understanding of the conditions under which the work is to be performed. No consideration will be allowed subsequently by reason of error or oversight on the part of the bidder or on account of interference by either the City or existing conditions. Neglecting any of the above requirements will not be acceptable as reason for delay in the work or for adjustments of the contract sum. The soccer fields may be visited without prior appointment. To inspect the existing backflow preventer and water source within the building at the site, bidders must make an appointment with Andrew Fisher at telephone # (901) 636-4200.
Requests for interpretation should solely be addressed to the Consultant either in writing or via telephone. No oral interpretation will be made to any bidder as to meaning of drawings and specifications. Requests for interpretation will be accepted up to ten (10) calendar days prior to date set for opening of bids. All interpretations will be made in the form of an addendum and will be issued as promptly as practicable to all parties registered with the Consultant as having documents. Note: no addendum shall be issued inside of seven (7) calendar days prior to the date set for opening of bids, unless said addendum, delays the opening of said bids.
Hard copy full sets of plans and specifications are available for purchase at contractors expense, or files may be downloaded for free online plan room. To download files, you must register for a free account, if you already have an account, simply log in and select “Download” this entire job. Then proceed to the download queue on the left menu bar to receive your downloaded files. For questions about accessing the documents please contact Memphis Reprographics at 901-590-4862.